Sunbets Review: Everything You Need to Know
Our detailed Sunbets review will cover everything you need to know about the newest sportsbook on the UK market. We guess the name was not picked by chance. It is The Sun newspaper that joined forces with one of the biggest Australian entertainment and gambling companies called Tabcorp to launch the betting site. It is still in its infancy, as it was established in August 2016. However, it seems to be gaining pace with the world’s biggest sportsbooks on the web. There are some great things about it, and there are some things that still need to be added.
|100% in Bet Credits||Up to £100||£5||9.7 /10||Bet NowBet365 Review|
|New Customers only. Up to £100 in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.|
|100%||£30||£0.1||9.3 /10||Join Now888Sport Review|
|100% in Free Bets||£100||£0.1||9.0 /10||Join NowBetfair Review|
|T&C: New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.|
|200%||£30||£0.1||8.9 /10||Join NowUnibet Review|
* T&C’s apply. Click on Join Now for details.
- Sun Bets
- Bonus£10 Free Bet
- MarketsE-Sports, Horse Racing, Table Tennis
- Not verified
We will start our Sunbets review by having a look at the interface. It is a beautifully-designed site that looks crisp and clean. Red, white and grey are the main colours. The links are not cluttered. You can see the most popular sports on the top. Surprisingly, horse racing is not among them.
On the top left, there is a drop-down menu that lets you explore various sections of the site, from In-play betting to Sports, Help Centre and Promotions, which we will discuss later in our Sun bets review.
There is also a My Account button where you can check out all the details about your profile. The menu also contains a Results section where, obviously, you are given insights into the outcomes of the latest sports events. There is a lot going on there, from Ice Hockey to darts, basketball, tennis, football, Rugby Union and Rugby League, cricket, baseball, and racing specials.
What seems to be confusing is that aside from the drop-down menu, a few of the sports are repeated in the header. We guess these links serve as shortcuts to the most popular sports. However, it is still confusing to see one and the same thing in two or three different sections.
Just like it is with most online sportsbooks, the betting slip is located on the right side of the Sunbets review website. This is where you can view all of the current wagers you have made, as well as the potential winnings you can get. Next to it is a Pending bets tab, which is very convenient and, in our humble opinion, it is a smart addition. Right under it, there is a banner that prompts you to try some of their bonuses, but we will get to this later in our review.
The site is quick to load and easy to navigate. You will not get lost. Apparently, they put in a lot of effort to create a well-functioning site that is eye-catching. Despite the set of information it contains, it does not appear cluttered, in contrast to many similar sportsbook venues on the web. The one thing that they could do to improve it is to make it a little less confusing to the user because this will enhance and speed up navigation.
For those of you who like to place wagers on the go, the following section of our Sunbets review is for you. The operator has developed an app that runs on almost every iOS- and Android-powered gadget, from smartphones to tablets. If you own an Apple device, you can download the mobile application from the respective store.
Android users should click on the corresponding icon, located at the bottom of the main page, and follow the link to get the job done. And even though there is an app, you do not have to use it in order to access the sportsbook from your phone. Type the address of the website into your browser (or access it directly via this review) and a mobile-responsive version will load. It was designed to fit perfectly on any screen, so no worries.
We must admit the mobile version is not as seamless as the app since it needs to transfer more data; however, it still works decently, and it offers the standard features available on the desktop site. The fact that the site can be accessed via a mobile phone means that a larger audience can use it.
Markets, Odds and Live Betting
There is a variety of sports you can place wagers on, and we believe that this section will keep on growing. The Sunbets review seems to offer popular markets such as:
E-Sports, Horse Racing, Table Tennis, American Football, Beach Volleyball, Novelties, Volleyball, Tennis, Rugby League, Ice Hockey, Golf, Basketball, Snooker, Australian Rules, Olympic Games, Football, Cricket, Baseball, Rugby Union, Darts, Boxing, Handball.
Sunbets has come into existence in an age where the online gambling industry is already crowded with operators; hence, it has no chance but to offer features that allow it to stand out from the rest. That being said, their odds are quite good and deserve a small section in our review. Their prices are very competitive. They offer an Accumulator builder, and they also shine brightly with a Best Odds Guaranteed promotion, which is common with the majority of online sportsbooks these days.
The live betting console is very well made. You can bet on a range of different markets and sports from around the world, such as the Russian 2nd Division and the English Premier League. It has to be said that there is a huge focus on football here, but the other sports are well-represented too. Of the ones we mentioned above, you can bet on rugby union, e-sports, baseball, golf, surfing (quite extraordinary), rugby league, handball and ice hockey.
Obviously, there is a variety of sports to choose from. The betting selection is good too.
Promotions and Bonuses
Next, in our review, we have promotions. Although the sportsbook of the Sunbets review is new to this industry, there already are a plethora of bonuses to redeem. Here is why we will now take a look at some of the most prominent.
- Sign-up offer – We will start with the welcome package. Needless to say, you need to become a member in order to claim it. Make sure to open an account on the site and use the G10 promo code where applicable. Make your first deposit. To qualify for the sign-up bonus, you must fund your account with at least £5. Then, you have to bet a minimum of £5 with odds of at least 1.5 on any sports market. You will receive a free bet worth of £10 within 48 hours of placing your qualifying wager. Terms and conditions apply. For starters, if you do not use your free bet within a period of 30 days, it will expire.
- If you place an each-way bet, the only thing that will count towards meeting the requirements is the win component of the wager. Also keep in mind that cached-out bets, void bets and non-runners will not count as qualifying wagers. The fill terms and conditions can be viewed on the promotional page of Sunbets.
- Other promotions – There are different giveaways that you can treat yourself to as long as you log into your account on a regular basis. The bookmaker offers price boosts on a number of markets, money back on the popular show X Factor, additional money-back bonuses on other markets. You can also claim a 10% bonus provided that you back a winner – any winner – at the Doncaster-held St Leger festival.
- Get on the First (Cheltenham) – If you bet on the first race of the day, you can get two free bets. Here is what you have got to do. First off, go to My Account and enter the promo code BELTER. Right after that make sure to place a wager on the first race of the day. Your qualifying bet must amount to £/€10 or more. You will be rewarded with two free bets, each and every amounting to £/€5. You can use those to bet on other races of the same day. Please note that the offer is available at the moment of writing our Sunbets review.
- EU Wanna Bet? – If you back the right team to win the Europa League or the Champions League with an outright bet of at least £/€10, you will be rewarded with a £/€3 every single time that team hits a minimum of three goals in a match. The offer is available to both existing customers and new members. There are some terms and conditions behind this giveaway. Make sure to check them out before you claim it.
See, the promotions change rapidly, that is why you need to check back the site week in, week out. Further details about them, you can find on Sunbets’ promotional page. Always take the time to read the terms and conditions of these giveaways. There always are a few requirements to comply with.
In one of the last sections of our Sunbets review, we are eager to tell you about the operator’s customer support. The team can be reached in three ways: via email, through live chat and by phone. They can answer all your burning questions in a timely manner. Just so you know, the telephone service is available from 7 AM to 11 PM on a daily basis, while the email support and live chat agents are at your disposal 24/7.
Before you contact an assistant, consider reading the FAQ section for a chance to find the answer you are looking for. It contains crucial information about the different sections of the site, from registration to payments, responsible gambling, promotions, casino, sports and technical issues. If you find an answer to your inquiry, you may not have to reach the staff. If you need urgent assistance, we suggest you use the live chat, as it has proven to yield the quickest results.
Responsible Gambling Policy
Further, we want to tell you that the Sunbets review has implemented a responsible gambling policy. They have a few options for people who feel they have been gambling too much and cannot control how much time they spend on the site.
The tools provided on the site can help people who are at risk of developing a gambling problem. They can also assist customers with setting deposit limits to make sure they do not blow their budget. You can choose a different timeframe for those limits, from one day to one week, and one month. Use the “My Account” function to make the necessary changes.
Moreover, you can take a break from gambling at Sunbets for a definite period of time by using their short and long break facilities, as well as their self-exclusion option. A short break can last from one day to 42 days; a long break ranges from six months to three years, and five years.
Permanent self-exclusion means you will not be able to use your account with the bookmaker or open other accounts until you contact customer support, but only after a minimum of six months have passed since you went for the self-exclusion option. During this period, you will not receive any marketing e-mails.
There is a dedicated page on the site about responsible gambling where you can read about all the options yourself. You can find the link at the bottom of each page.
Details about Sunbets
- Name of company: Sunbets
- Website: https://www.sunbets.co.uk/
- Email: online form
- Telephone: +44 2038199501, 0800 092 7767
- Customer Support: 24/7 (except telephone service)
- Address: Level 13, The Shard, 32 London Bridge Street London SE1 9SG
- Licence: Yes (by UK Gambling Commission)
- Licence number: 000-044547-R-324037-004
Background of Sunbets Review
In the intro of our Sun bets review, we mentioned that the sportsbook was established by a well-known newspaper brand and an Australian-based company. Let us tell you more about that.
News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, which is the newspaper publisher that owns The Sun, and Tabcorp Holdings Limited have signed a 10-year agreement. Tasks within the newly-formed partnership have already been distributed; the Australian company will deal with the revenue side of the business, whereas The Sun owners will handle media promotion.
For the record, Tabcorp is a successful gambling and entertainment company that has been in this industry since 1994. Hence, it brings extensive experience and expertise in this agreement. By revenue, this is one of the biggest wagering operators on a global scale, and also one of the biggest gambling operators that have been listed publicly. It owns reputable brands like Sky Sports Radio, Luxbet, and Keno.
On the other end of the agreement is News UK, an American-owned company that happens to be based in the United Kingdom. It is known for launching one of the most popular newspapers across the country, including The Sunday Times, The Times and, of course, The Sun.
Another thing you should know is that Matt Chapman, who is a horse racing legend, is already part of the joint venture. He will be giving tips to members of the site, as well as horse racing insights that only a person who has seen behind the scenes can unveil.