Pinnacle Review – A Bookie with Customer-Oriented Best Practices
Pinnacle Sports, having been online for 20 years now, is one of the most experienced, reliable and respected names in the sports betting industry. Unlike most of its competitors, the bookmaker adheres to a policy of maximum honesty without promotion, sponsorship, or aggressive marketing. In this review, we’ll explore in detail what makes this online bookie stand out from the crowd with its best-selling, customer-centric business practices, and why it continues to top comparator lists.
- MarketsFootball, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis
- Claim Bonus
Pinnacle’s Unique Approach
Before delving into the technical specifics of the sportsbook, it seems necessary that we explain what makes the operator unique. Rather than focusing on the constant acquisition of new customers, since its launch Pinnacle has opted to instead focus on what serious bettors deem essential. The company believes that what customers look for in an online bookmaker is above all the best odds, the highest betting limits and further incentivising winners.
This no-nonsense policy has granted Pinnacle Sports a status of excellence, driven by a solid reputation, fuelled by the excellent ratings left on betting forums by satisfied consumers from more than 200 countries, establishing the sportsbook as a global reference.
Information about the License of Pinnacle Sports
Pinnacle’s sports betting services are provided by PinBet Malta Ltd, a limited liability company registered in Malta and by Ragnarok Corporation N.V., a limited liability company registered in Curaçao. Both companies collectively trade as “Pinnacle”, licensed in Curaçao for the provision of sports and casino and in Malta for the provision of sports betting. Being issued these licenses is a guarantee that the operator is at all times in possession of funds necessary to honour their earnings, which is crucial information for this operator since, as we shall see later, it is the one offering the highest betting limits of the online betting operators worldwide.
Betting Markets at Pinnacle
Pinnacle Sports hosts an impressive list of various sports to bet on. From the classic go-to sporting events to relatively new trends in the sports betting industry such as eSports competitions and drone races, punters are spoiled for choice. The sports events on which wagers can be placed are divided into two categories on the online sports betting site:
- Football (Soccer): All major leagues including the most sought-after international and club competitions, as well as the lesser-known football competitions from the four corners of the world.
- Baseball: Major League Baseball (MLB) and the Mexican League.
- Basketball: The prestigious National Basketball League (NBA).
- Tennis: All Major Tennis Competitions, ATP, WTA, ITF, Davis Cup and more, as the season progresses.
- Hockey: National Hockey League (NHL).
- American Football: The world-famous National Football League (NFL), NCAA college football and the Canadian Football League.
ALL OTHER SPORTS:
- Aussie Rules Football: All matches of the AFL throughout the season.
- Badminton: Major badminton competitions including the Singapore Open.
- Boxing: Major matches of the international boxing scene.
- Chess: World Chess Championship.
- Cricket: Major competitions held in the United Kingdom, the Vitality T20 Blast.
- CrossFit: Yes/No betting opportunity on whether or not the two defending champions of each category (men’s / women’s) will win the next CrossFit games.
- Cycling: Tour de France, Giro d’Italia, Vuelta a España.
- Entertainment: Who will sit on the Iron Throne at the end of season 8? Which actor will endorse the role of James Bond after Daniel Craig? Human to set foot on Mars by January 2025? And more unusual betting opportunities.
- Formula 1: All Grand Prix as the Formula 1 season unfolds and yearly best drivers’ betting opportunities.
- Golf: Barbasol Championship, European Tour Open Championship, PGA Tour Barbasol Championship and more betting on golf opportunities.
- Mixed Martial Arts: All the major MMA fights of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
- Rugby League: Australian Rugby League and British Super League.
- Rugby Union:Rugby World Cup and Super 18 Rugby.
Pioneer in eSports Betting
Pinnacle Sports is one of the few bookies to have taken advantage of the growing interest of some punters for eSports. People did not expect such interest in sports betting on competitive video games. However, in 2010, the online bookmaker decided to try the experiment and launched its eSports category.
The first bet ever was taken for the outcome of a StarCraft 2 match in January 2010. Since then, they have overtaken the 5 millionth wager in the eSports section this year with the addition of games like Counter Strike, DOTA 2, League of Legends and more. Today, eSports is one of Pinnacle Sports’ top 10 biggest betting markets!
The Best Betting Odds and Smallest Margins Online for All Sports
- Established: 1998
- Company: PinBet Malta Ltd
- Licence: Available
- Live chat: Yes
- Email: email@example.com
- Customer support: 24/7
- Address: Ragnarok Corporation N.V., Pletterijweg 43, Willemstad, Curaçao
To make a profit, online bookmakers include a margin in their favour when calculating the odds that they make available online. This margin is expressed as a percentage that is lower (favourable to punters) or higher (favourable for the bookie) than 100%. The larger the margin, the more difficult it is for punters to make a profit and vice versa.
As explained at the beginning of this review, Pinnacle Sports’ customer retention strategy involves sacrificing a significant portion of their margin and not undertaking an extravagant marketing campaign to ensure that they provide punters with the best odds in the online sports betting market.
Instead of maximising the profits on each bet, they rely on a large volume of bets attracted by the best odds available. The punters need to remember that the smaller the margin, the higher the odds and Pinnacle Sports has the lowest margins in the online sports betting market worldwide.
Site Design and Platforms Availability
The design of the Pinnacle Sports website, an improved version of the ASI software platform, is simple and straight to the point. No advertising, no pop-ups reminding you that you can enjoy umpteenth promotions or bonuses. When you log in to your account, the list of available sports is easily accessible on the left-hand table, and live sports events take up the centre of the main page.
Users can choose between two different displays, Beta mode and Asian mode. The Beta mode is more enjoyable to navigate with less information on the screen while the Asian mode is perfect for experienced punters, as it displays all sporting events of each sporting category and allows placing bets quickly on multiple events in a few clicks.
Finally, and it could be a downside for some users, the In-Play platform is reduced to its strict minimum. No statistics on the unfolding of the sports events followed nor a live streaming option will urge the users to rely on a third-party source to follow the games live.
Pinnacle Lite – the Bookie’s Native App
Pinnacle Sports also has a mobile version of its online downloadable bookmaker on the Apple Store and Google Play. The mobile app, called Pinnacle Lite, is slick and user-friendly and has convenient features such as the Bet Alert function that warns the users when a specific betting line reaches desired values. Overall, whether on a desktop computer via the website or on any mobile device via the app, betting on Pinnacle Sports is a smooth, straightforward, user-friendly experience.
Highest Limits and Fastest Pay-Out Times in the Sports Betting Industry
Regarding the banking options accepted by Pinnacle Sports, the online bookmaker offers a wide range of methods available. In addition to the traditional payment methods such as bank transfers, debit and credit cards Visa and MasterCard, the sportsbook also accepts e-wallets, as well as payment methods specific to certain countries such as China, Poland or Russia for instance.
Finally, Pinnacle Sports also accepts money transfers made with Bitcoin. The number of payment methods supported by the online bookie indicates their strive to offer a list of banking methods that cater for as many customers as possible, which is a good thing.
Be advised that Pinnacle Sports offers you a free monthly withdrawal and that the subsequent withdrawals are subject to transaction fees. Pinnacle Sports is dedicated to making withdrawals as fast as possible. The delays and fees vary according to the chosen banking method. We advise you to read the respective terms and conditions of the banking method of your choice to find out more about the time frames, cash-out limits and possible restrictions before depositing money on the sports betting site.
- Ability to bet in-store
- Mobile App
- Variety of Markets
- Customer Care
- Easy Registration
- Bonus Offer
- Banking Options
- Loyalty Program
Getting Assistance from Pinnacle’s Customer Service
Last but not least, Pinnacle Sports’ customer service is only available by email. Many punters consider this a significant inconvenience. That being said, the reputation of the sportsbook is well-established, and the excellent ratings obtained on the majority of online betting forums and bookmaker comparators are the result of fast, efficient, reliable and professional customer service. Pinnacle Sports is one of the few bookmakers on which the entire community of Internet users agree that it is one of the best on the market of online sports betting today.
Final Thoughts – Pros and Cons
To conclude our review of Pinnacle sports, we want to emphasise the strength of this exceptional online bookmaker:
- Its no-nonsense policy allows it to offer the best odds in the global sports betting market.
- High-rollers and recreational punters alike will find their way, with Pinnacle Sports offering the highest betting limits in the world.
- The richness of its sports roster gives punters the opportunity to take advantage of the best odds on all major sports events year-round.
- One of the most comprehensive eSports betting platforms.
- This online bookmaker is perfect for amateur punters and experienced pros.
On the downside:
- Not the best online bookie for beginners.
- The fact that the customer service can only be contacted by email can deter some bettors.
- Minimalistic In-Play platform.
- Not available in a number of countries.*
*France, United States of America, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Singapore, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Denmark, Philippines, Syria, Turkey, Poland, Ireland, Czech Republic, Sudan, Australia and its territories, Italy, Iran and any other country which may prohibit the offering on online gambling to its citizens.
The operator has made the risky gamble not to advertise, whether through sponsorship, television advertising or even to offer sign-up bonuses. Instead, it utilises the resources required for a traditional marketing campaign to maintain the best odds and offer bettors the largest returns on potential winnings. Because that’s what customers want, and we believe that they are absolutely spot on!